WELCOME TO MY BLOG....THANKS FOR DROPPING BY!

I just want to welcome you to my blog, and I hope that it will be a source of encouragement to you, and that it will lead you into a deeper relationship with God.





Saturday, October 15, 2011

JESUS IS MOVED BY "HIS" COMPASSION, By Jeff Pate

And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. —Matthew 14:14

God’s mercy was said to be “from everlasting to everlasting upon them who fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children, to such as keep his covenant, and to those who remember his commandments to do them, to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.” [Psalm 103:17-18]

When this passage is read, almost always it is said in a way that expresses that God’s mercy is a response to what we have done or are doing that amounts to honoring Him by our behavior in keeping His commandments.

So then, when God’s mercy is expressed this way, the question one asks himself at a time of need of God’s mercy is always: Am I worthy of God’s mercy? Are my actions consistent with keeping the law?

Brothers and sisters, I want to encourage you today in the Lord’s compassion that transcends what we have incorrectly understood about God’s mercy and love toward us.

You may have just been diagnosed with a serious illness; you may be having relationship issues with your spouse, your children, or your siblings. You may have just lost your job and are in danger of financial meltdown. I want to tell you today to be of good cheer. The Lord Jesus sees what straits you are in and He is moved by His compassion toward you.

Let me repeat this: Jesus is moved by HIS compassion toward you, and not how well you have performed; not how many times you have gone to church; not how much or often you have given to others; and finally not how strongly you believe or by your confession. That’s right… Jesus is moved by HIS compassion toward the sick, broken, and helpless. His mercy endures forever to them who have humbled themselves to admit they can do nothing without Him.

I remember a several years ago, I was attacked by a cold virus that was accompanied by a severe cough. I was so frustrated that the condition had not improved, because I was confessing, “By His stripes I’m healed. By His stripes I’m healed. I speak to sickness and command it to leave my body,” but yet I had not gotten any better.

The Lord then led me to this passage from Matthew’s gospel, “And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.” [Matthew 14:14]

My eyes were opened to HIS compassion and not my confession, and not how strongly I was believing, and not because of anything I do, but it is by His mercy I was already made well. And it was by His confession that never doubts or wavers that speaks to the mountain to cast it into the sea.

Brothers and sisters, I tell you that when I saw the Lord in His compassion and confessed His compassion over me, that by His compassion I am healed, the symptoms left and the next morning I was completely well.

There is nothing we can do to warrant or be worthy of the Lord’s compassion because through being born into the world of sin and death, we instantly become candidates for it. Just as sin qualifies you for God’s grace, even so weakness, sickness, and ignorance qualify you for His mercy.

Jesus is moved by His compassion toward you and the good news is that He moved fully and completely in His compassion when He allowed Himself to be nailed to the cross to take the burden of sin, condemnation, and submitting to death that was your destiny, so that through His resurrection you would see the victory He has accomplished for you.

Be free from what you do to be healed and delivered from the death in this world and look to Jesus and His compassion that has moved Him to give you eternal life and victory in Him.
http://www.bovministries.net/Truth-at-First-Light-book-ad.html

No comments:

Post a Comment